Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bye-bye Bacon Bonanza

Don't worry vegetarian and vegan friends, the vicious cycle of bacon is wrapping up. I just wanted to thank everyone who contributed ideas for my week of bacon exploration.

There were a lot of ideas so I couldn't make all of them. I also didn't want to make anything that incorporated another resolution type food (one I haven't had or didn't previous like). Only using familiar ingredients let me really explore the flavor of bacon. It was also a busy week so I admit I went for some recipes where I had all the ingredients and/or didn't need to expel a lot of energy toward. Perhaps I'll do this again sometime and explore bacon more. I still don't love it, but it certainly isn't bad!

In honor of all the ideas, I'm going to share all of them below. I will not use names unless, but please comment if you want to share details on any of the recipes you might have proffered. I'm sure others would love these just as much as I did.

Bacon wrapped dates.
Bacon wrapped dove breast.
Two eggs sunny side up with a bacon smiley face.
Two pieces of french toast with bacon in between.
Bacon stuffed mushrooms.
Classic BLT.
Bacon asparagus quiche.
Dip bacon in melted dark chocolate.
Roast a whole chicken with bacon layered on the outside.
Peanut butter bacon burger (my friend swore by this, but bacon or not... I'm skeptical of PB+burger)
Bacon wrapped jalepenos
Bacon Fried Rice
Peanunt bacon fudge
Peanut butter bacon cookies
Bacon cheddar grits
Brussel sprouts roasted with olive oil, salt & pepper, bacon chunks, a little bit of red onion
Bacon-wrapped chicken kebobs
Bacon in salads (especially with pear and blue cheese)
Bacon with mussels
Pig Candy (similar to my brown sugar variation of basic prep)

And if you are a foodie who can't take a joke or a vegetarian, for the love of god do NOT watch this suggestion my friend Stu sent me (along with 1/4 of this list):



No comments:

Post a Comment